My 5 Favorite Things – Anthony Mattis
1. Running Shoes – I’ve been running both competitively and casually most of my life. I was originally a cross country guy and love running outside through nature trails but will settle for a treadmill if I have to. One of my favorite parts of living out on the East End is the abundance of great trails and country roads perfect for long jogs.
2. Sandals – The beach is definitely my favorite place to be. I was surprised to find out that here that requires a little more specificity. While the sound and bay are nice I pretty much exclusively go to the ocean down in Westhampton to hang out and catch some rays.
3. Car Keys – I drive quite a bit for work and although I love my job it was getting pretty tedious. I was in need of an upgrade and recently bought a new car with all the bells and whistles. Needless to say driving is no longer tedious.
4. Sparkling Wine – I’m a sucker for sparkling wine and our Reserve Blanc De Blancs is my go to glass after work. I prefer the added complexity of Champagnes and traditional method sparklers but will happily drink anything tasty. I like the celebratory aspect of sparkling wine even if I’m only celebrating a regular Tuesday.
5. Guitar – I bought this guitar from my friend Robin before he decided to move to Australia to hang with crocodiles, kangaroos, and giant spiders. I had played a little when I was younger but have spent the past few years teaching myself much more. If I was stranded on a desert island and could only bring one thing with me this is probably the item I would take. I’ll worry about food and water later.