1) I played saxophone in a highly competitive jazz band when I was younger.
2) When I was about three years old, a cow tried to eat my shirt while I was still wearing it.
3) I once fell off a waterfall while climbing up it, while on a surf trip to Puerto Rico.
Which is the lie?! Ask Derek next time you see him!
Long Island Brand Ambassador for Lieb Cellars & Bridge Lane Wine
Does anyone else feel like this winter lasted an eternity? I personally can’t remember what the color green even looks like. But spring has finally sprung and every crocus and daffodil I see is bringing a little bit more warmth and color into my life. And although the flowers are blooming and the peepers are peeping, the temperature hasn’t quite decided yet that springtime is here, so I’m still seeking out the rest of my warmth indoors.
1) I have lived in 8 US states and have visited all 50.
2) My earliest memory in life is falling out of my dad’s Celica (going 35 MPH - before the days of car seats / kids in the back / or even seatbelts being much more than cosmetic) at 3 years old and holding onto the inside door handle (for dear life) and being dragged until the car stopped – it all starts there.
3) I’ve had the distinct pleasure of meeting Kevin Bacon multiple times & can be used in 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon...
Spring! Well it’s not officially here but it is in my mind. The next month or so I’ll step out of my house in the morning with a light jacket and refuse to turn around to swap it out for a winter coat despite immediately realizing it’s still cold out and I’m inappropriately dressed. Spring is here dammit!
So what’s going on at Lieb “behind the scenes”?
At the winery, spring is bottling season. It starts in January with our Bridge Lane Rosé and continues through...
1) When I was 13 I was the 5th fastest cross country runner on Long Island.
2) I flew to LA once for a day just to be on the Price is Right with Drew Carey.
3) At a party in college I beat the president of the fraternity in an epic rap battle in front of everyone and gained honorary membership for a year.
Which is the lie?! Ask him the next time you see him in the tasting room!