1) I have lived in 8 US states and have visited all 50.
2) My earliest memory in life is falling out of my dad’s Celica (going 35 MPH - before the days of car seats / kids in the back / or even seatbelts being much more than cosmetic) at 3 years old and holding onto the inside door handle (for dear life) and being dragged until the car stopped – it all starts there.
3) I’ve had the distinct pleasure of meeting Kevin Bacon multiple times & can be used in 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon...
Spring! Well it’s not officially here but it is in my mind. The next month or so I’ll step out of my house in the morning with a light jacket and refuse to turn around to swap it out for a winter coat despite immediately realizing it’s still cold out and I’m inappropriately dressed. Spring is here dammit!
So what’s going on at Lieb “behind the scenes”?
At the winery, spring is bottling season. It starts in January with our Bridge Lane Rosé and continues through...
1) When I was 13 I was the 5th fastest cross country runner on Long Island.
2) I flew to LA once for a day just to be on the Price is Right with Drew Carey.
3) At a party in college I beat the president of the fraternity in an epic rap battle in front of everyone and gained honorary membership for a year.
Which is the lie?! Ask him the next time you see him in the tasting room!
Let me start off by saying that yes, of course I am biased towards the Lieb Cellars and Bridge Lane tasting rooms. I think we should be the first stop on everyone's North Fork wine tour. But it's also no secret among the staff of the local tasting rooms that on a day off, the last thing we want to do is hang out at our job. Don't get me wrong, I still do from time to time! Lieb was the vineyard I frequented most before being employed there. But after a long, busy weekend, it's nice to be on the other...